Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM) Cesvi Pakistan and Desk Officer at the HQ the Program Manager will, in general, coordinate and be responsible for all the activities related to program development and effective program management:
- Oversight and technical backstopping of Cesvi program to ensure quality program delivery and effective management of grants and contracts.
- Analyze Cesvi Pakistan country program and update Country Strategy for effective engagement with diverse actors at the strategic, partnership, donor and stockholders’ level.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of multiple projects with reference to contractual obligations.
- Coordination with other organizations & alliances working on similar and diverse themes for synergy development, networking and promoting Cesvi’s work.
- Coordination & supervision of programme staff and to periodically gauge the progress of projects, processes, systems and outcomes.
- Liaise with technical coordinators and MEAL staff to ensure production of quality reports across areas, projects and across donors.
- Ensure effective compliances for both upward and downward accountability principles across the program.
- Channelize energies for effective pre-positioning and positive relationship development with key donors, partners, and potential allies.
- Maintain record of call for proposals and other opportunities for synergies and/or resource mobilization for timely and quality submissions.
- Ensure in particular that reporting guidelines, formats, philosophy, deadlines for each project and donor is communicated clearly and standardized across for new and on-going projects.
- The Program Manager in close coordination with and supervision of the HoM, will be in charge to manage and develop relations with donors and partners (national and international), promote Cesvi’ strategy and brand; identify calls and write winning proposals or negotiate new projects. S/He will be in charge of coordinating all the writing process of a project including but not limited to budgets, workplans, ToC, LFAs etc.
- Coordinate and support all proposal writings with program, finance, technical & logistics units ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely proposals meeting donor’s and Cesvi requirements, with guidance from the HoM.
- Lead resource mobilization process at Cesvi Pakistan and ensure a steady pipeline of concept notes and proposals for effective fundraising. Review of project proposals ensuring quality and adherence to procedures of the donors & Cesvi.
- Update on a regular basis the external relations database to document the latest negotiations and proposal possibilities with a number of key donors;
- Perform other duties as necessary and/or as requested.
- Represent Cesvi, in coordination with the HoM, vis-à-vis partners (including Alliance-2015), stakeholders, clusters and coordination body and fora, and any other appropriate networks aiming at raise Cesvi’s profile within the country.
- Support the strategic vision of Cesvi in Pakistan to serve more people with the highest quality programming possible, and secure the necessary resources to ensure its realization, expanding Cesvi activities in the country, and identifying new funding sources.
Master’s degree in Social Sciences, development studies or equivalent.
8-10 years of proven relevant experience in development/humanitarian sector, in managing international development programs and liaising with government officials and donors. Proven experience in project planning, proposal development, report writing, resource mobilization, networking, partnership building and working with INGOs. Demonstrated experience in contract management and resource mobilization from key institutional donors especially USAID-OFDA, DFID, CBPF, ECHO & EU. Experience of working in KP & Tribal District (formerly FATA is an advantage).
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task, ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast-paced fluid environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Creative and flexible with problem-solving skills.
- Strategic planning & Leadership skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism and diplomacy.
- Ability to confidently represent oneself to high-level officials.
- People management particularly coaching and influence management.
D) TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Project management skills
- Competency MS Office and use of statistical packages live EXCEL, Access, SPSS and program management tools, and procedures.
- Budgetary control and financial management, including the ability to understand financial data
JOB LOCATION AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
The post is located in Islamabad occasional field travel to project sites in Sindh, KP & Tribal Districts.
Contract Duration: One Year (extendable)
Gender: No Preference
Career Level: Senior
Job Grade: IV
Salary & Benefit Range: 3.5 Million to 4 Million Pak Rupees Yearly
Cesvi has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Kindly submit your application/resume (maximum 4 pages) to email@example.com latest by Sunday 29th September 2019. Clearly mention “Position Title” you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail. Multiple applications by one candidate will be rejected.
Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. Interviews will be held in Islamabad. TA/DA for the interview will not be covered by Cesvi. Cesvi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages those from diverse backgrounds to apply. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.cesvi.eu
Please mention at least two recent professional references in resume, one of them being your present/recent most supervisor/manager. Do not wait for the deadline as Application will be processed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org